cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3620 issues

Alan_Hepburn
Apprentice

This is going to be long - I apologize in advance!

I recently purchased an MG3620 and I was able to successfully run the Setup procedure on my laptop running Windows 8.1 - I set it up as a USB connection because in the past I've not been able to use a scanner when a printer was set up as a wireless connection. I also was able to use the printer on a laptop running Linux Mint Cinnamon, although the Setup procedure wasn't used - the drivers in the linux OS were able to recognize the basic printer and scanner.

Now, I'm trying, without success, to get the printer to run with a new laptop running Windows 10 Home. I've downloaded the setup procedure (several times) and tried setting it up both wireless and USB. In USB mode it gets to step 3 and asks me to connect the USB cable and turn the printer on. It then reports that the printer is detected and a while later it reports that it is processg the installation and to please wait. After a few more minutes of waiting it reports that the printer is not detected and I can get no further. If I unplug it from the Windows 10 laptop and plug it in to the Windows 8.1 laptop it works fine, so I know the cable is good.

When I try to set it up as wireless I tried connecting to my router with both the WPS Button method and the WPS PIN Code method, and both result in the router reporting that no connection was made. When I print the Network Configuration Page from the printer it shows an active connection to my router with 86% signal strength.

I'm stumped! I don't want to have to transfer stuff over to my old laptop whenever I need to print something - I'd like to finally retire the thing - so how can I successfully get this printer to run with Windows 10?

Alan Hepburn
San Jose, Ca
2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Alan_Hepburn,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the reply - after fighting with this for about 3 days I tried a new approach: I downloaded and ran the MP drivers file separately - it was able to connect to the printer so I then downloaded (once again!) the full driver and software package and it was able to successfully install the printer. I've tested it and the printer is able to print and scan through my wireless network FINALLY!

Alan Hepburn
San Jose, Ca
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements