cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3620 and MX472 Printing Gray and Slow

pyrotato
Apprentice

I booted up my printer (the MX) yesterday and printed out gray text despite the document being black. I checked the ink and it was low, so I replaced with a completely fresh ink. The printer kept printing gray, and very, very slowly. So I switched to the MP, inputting the new ink cartridge and hoping for the best. Same result occurred, despite a completely different (and brand new printer) which cost me hours to just get the software for. Tried cleaning and deep cleaning, didn't work. Today, I replaced the brand new cartridge with an old but refilled one and the same result happened. Uber slow printing and gray, barely visible text. Anyone know what's up? I'm on Windows 10.

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi pyrotato,

A test should be performed of your PIXMA MX472.  The Nozzle Check pattern shows if each print head nozzle is operating properly.  Please perform the following steps to print a Nozzle Check pattern:

1.  Load letter-sized, plain paper in the rear Tray.

2.  Press the SETUP button.

3.  Press the left or right button until [MAINTENANCE] is displayed in the LCD, and then press OK.

4.  Press the left or right button until [Nozzle check] is displayed in the LCD, and then press OK.  The nozzle check pattern is printed.

Please compare your printout to the example that has been attached to the bottom of this post.

Does your Nozzle Check print correctly?

MX472 Nozzle Test.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements