cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3620 Scanning Error Messages

kelseysparrow
Contributor

I've been able to scan 1 of 37 pages I need of a document. 

First two times the 1st page would scan and when I would hit "scan" to continue scanning the 2nd page into the PDF using My Image Garden, I recieve this message: 

"Failed to open a session on this device" 

After googling, I reset my printing system on my mac and restarted it. Re-added my printer/scanner, got 1 page and same message appears. 

I tried scanning from the "Scan" option on the sidebar of My Image Garden (as opposed to Macbook > Photos), hit "Document" and immediately recieve this error message: 

"The operation could not be completed. (jp.co.canon.ij.scanutilitylite.icadriver error 4294967249. )"

Could anyone tell me what gives? Thank you in advance. 

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Good start with troubleshooting. 

What OS is the MAC running?

How is the printer connected?

What drivers are you using?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you so much! 

My Mac is running Catalina (10.15) 

The printer is connected via wifi. 

Driver version 16.10.0.0 (if that doesn't make sense it could be because I had no idea how to find out so I googled it). 

Hi kelseysparrow,

If you attempt to scan using Image Capture, do you get an error?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I don't see an option called "Image Capture".

Attached is the screen that comes up for my Scan Utility.

When I want to scan a document it allows me to scan one page but when I go to add the second page, I recieve the error message. 

Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 12.02.48 PM.png

Hi kelseysparrow.

Image Capture is Apple's scanning and imaging software, found in the computer's Applications folder.  It is a completely separate program, and not accessible from the IJ Scan Utility.  Checking scans through Image Capture can help us determine if the problem is being caused by out-of-date drivers, or by software/OS/security conflicts.

I look forward for your response.

m2p76
Apprentice

Hi! 

I have the same issue with my canon TS5050 , anyone find a solution ? 

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Hi, m2p76!

Welcome to The Canon Community, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market. The PIXMA TS5050 isn't supported by our team here at Canon USA. 

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Announcements