cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3620 Printer Replacement Cartridges

Oldyellr
Enthusiast

About 5 months ago I bought a MG3620 printer and have been using aftermarket/remanufactured ink cartridges ever since from Amazon because genuine Canon ones cost twice as much. No problem until the other day. When both PG-240XL and CL-241XL cartridges showed low ink I replaced them with a couple of reman ones. However, the colour one still shows low ink although it appears to print just fine. Is this a common fault with aftermarket cartridges? Has anyone else seen this? Or could I have been sold an empty or underfilled cartridge, in which case I'll know soon enough.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The quality of aftermarket cartridges can vary by manufacturer and/or batch.  For consistent results, OEM inks are recommended.  If you use others, your experience can be hit or miss. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I was just wondering how many others have seen this and how long the ink lasted after it said 'low' from the beginning. I read an earlier long thread on a similar subject here (black shows low), tried all the suggestions, none worked. This is what I see.

ink.jpg

I'll post back if it stops printing color soon or not.

Well, it didn't take long. Instead of the low ink message, I got one saying the color ink was out with no option but to cancel printing. I  replaced the color cartridge with an new reman one and all is well. Just prior to this it was printing just fine in color, which doesn't seem to indicate it was running low.  I saw something on Youtube about the printer remembering the last 4 cartridge serial numbers. I now have 4 "empty" cartridges, so maybe next time I run out of ink I'll follow the instructions in the video and see if this last empty cartridge works again. Either that, or maybe it was underfilled.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements