cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3620 Power and Alarm flashing

Katieski10
Apprentice

Hi there! I couldn't find this in a recent post. My printer has been working fine then all of a sudden it started flashing back and forth, with a pause in between each round. I am out of warranty so I cannot get tech support and wondering if anyone can help? Cartridges are in properly, I've tried turning off a few times and unplugging, also there is no paper stuck that I can see. Much thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Darius
Whiz

Hi Katieski10.

The alternating power and alarm lamps typically indicate a problem that requires service.  If it's two flashes of each, alternating, between pauses, check that the inks are installed correctly, that the locking lever in front of each is up, and that nothing is blocking their motion.  If that doesn't work, or for other persistent alternate flashing codes, the printer will need to be replaced.

One option I can offer is the Canon Upgrade Program. The Canon Upgrade Program provides a one-time discount on the purchase of a replacement printer directly through Canon U.S.A., and comes with free ground shipping.

If you're interested, you may call one of our phone-based Canon Direct agents at (866) 443-8002. You will need to have the printer's serial number for this call; the serial number may be found on the back or inside the front of the printer. Please keep in mind, you are under no obligation to take advantage of this offer immediately to gain the information.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Darius
Whiz

Hi Katieski10.

The alternating power and alarm lamps typically indicate a problem that requires service.  If it's two flashes of each, alternating, between pauses, check that the inks are installed correctly, that the locking lever in front of each is up, and that nothing is blocking their motion.  If that doesn't work, or for other persistent alternate flashing codes, the printer will need to be replaced.

One option I can offer is the Canon Upgrade Program. The Canon Upgrade Program provides a one-time discount on the purchase of a replacement printer directly through Canon U.S.A., and comes with free ground shipping.

If you're interested, you may call one of our phone-based Canon Direct agents at (866) 443-8002. You will need to have the printer's serial number for this call; the serial number may be found on the back or inside the front of the printer. Please keep in mind, you are under no obligation to take advantage of this offer immediately to gain the information.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you! I was hoping to do that, but most of your printers are on backorder or out of stock. I was hoping to get a printer that took the same ink as I had just ordered new ink for this printer.

Announcements