cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3620 Canon Quick Menu

Wojo
Contributor

Canon Quick Menu will not open.  I can scan and print from the Garden menu fine but Quick Menu will not open.  Anyone have a fix or suggestion.  Have deleted and reinstalled software a number of times.  Presently running Windows10.  Help.....

8 REPLIES 8

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Was the Windows 10 computer upgraded from windows 7 with the printer installed?

Is the printer connected via USB or wireless?

Are you ising the latest drivers available from the Canon Supprt Site <<<<<<<

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

You know, I have tried so many things that I really don't remember what worked and when.  I was originally hooked up via USB and the Quick Menu worked.  Somewhere along the way Quick Menu quit working and the printer could not be recognized by the computer when hooked up via USB. 

So, I decided to try wireless and that worked.  I could scan and print using My Image Garden.  Having another unrelated issue with email I figured what the heck let's upgrade to Windows 10 which I did and it appears to have worked surprisingly well; much better than the original install on my laptop.  After upgrade to W10; Quick Menu still doesn't work.  Uninstalled program at least a couple times; reloaded both from CD and at Canon's website; all to no avail.   I would probably drop the issue now that I found that I can scan from My Image Garden but it really bugs me with Canon and their lack of support.  All they wanted to do was sell me a maintenance package and basically hung up on me when I told them for the last and final time that I was not interested in any package. Anyway,Smiley Frustrated any other ideas would be appreciated.  

Thanks,Smiley Frustrated

Hi Wojo.

The Quick Menu acts as a hub of quick links to Canon software and functions.  I see you've tried removing and reinstalling the software.  Did you restart the computer between removing and restarting?  If the computer isn't restarted between the uninstall and reinstall, then legacy problems are prone to continue from the older install to the newer install.

If the Quick Menu still has trouble running after removing the software and drivers, restarting, and then reinstalling, then make sure your security software is up to date, and try adding the relevant exceptions to your firewall and/or antivirus.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Wojo
Contributor
Well, I've gone from bad to worse. Can no longer get any apps to appear on desktop. Need my garden as well as the quick menu to be able to use the printer at all. Uninstalled, restarted many times to no avail.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The programs should be listed in the Start Menu.  Click the Start menu and look for "Canon Utilities".  The My Image Garden and Quick Menu programs should be listed there.  If you experience any errors when attempting to use these programs, document the exact error that appears.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

They are all in Start and Canon Utilities.  They all work except the Quick Menu.  No error is given; it just doesn't ever respond.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Wojo,

Please click on the Windows Start button in the lower left hand corner and then the Canon Utilities folder.

Click on the Quick Menu folder then right click the Quick Menu, point to "More" and then click on Run As Administrator.

Does the Quick Menu open?

Right clicking opens the Canon IJ Quick Menu.  Again, if I click yes; it does nothing.   BTW,  I do not see More anywhere.

Announcements