cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3600 series software for Mac Catalina

rbpeirce
Contributor

I have an MG 3600 series printer and both the on-line IJ Manual and the Image Garden software plus some other Canon software are all 32 bit.  I checked the Canon site and could find nothing concerning the current Catalina update.  I also attempted to search this forum but could find nothing, although I may have used the wrong search criteria.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi rbpeirce,

My Image Garden does not have a release for Catalina. Canon was able to upadte the CUPS driver which is the printer driver for you printer and the ICA driver which is the scanner driver.

Even though My Image Garden has not been updated, you can use Easy-PhotoPrint Editor Ver.1.3.1. That was updated to be supported on the Catalina operating system.

The IJ Scan Utility Ver.2.3.6 and Lite has also been updated for the Catalina operating system.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Indeed, maybe you have missed it.  This is what i see.

sd.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks.  I saw that but it sure isn't clear it includes the on-line manual and My Image Garden.  Doe it?

The above mentioned drivers don't include some software I need and may not include any.  I got the following message.

(Standard) This is a printer driver for your selected model. For an enhanced user experience we also recommend installing My Image Garden software.

When I check for Canon 32 bit apps I get the following:

Canon IJ On-Screen Manual.app in Applications/Canon Utilities

Canon IJ Printer Utility.app in Library/.../Canon/.../Utilities

CiGDownloadsAPP.app in Applications/Canon Utilities

My Image Garden.app in Applications/Canon Utilities

There may be others.  I checked the Software tab and Image Garden is from 2018 and probably not 64 bit.  It is not clear what the 2019 software downloads include, and unfortunately, there does not seem to be any way to ask Canon!!

I got a canned message from the forum asking me if my question had been answered.  It is not clear if anybody from Canon actually sees this stuff but it hasn't been answere.

Hi rbpeirce,

My Image Garden does not have a release for Catalina. Canon was able to upadte the CUPS driver which is the printer driver for you printer and the ICA driver which is the scanner driver.

Even though My Image Garden has not been updated, you can use Easy-PhotoPrint Editor Ver.1.3.1. That was updated to be supported on the Catalina operating system.

The IJ Scan Utility Ver.2.3.6 and Lite has also been updated for the Catalina operating system.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

OK.  I downloaded the two drivers.  

Where do I find the IJ Scan Utility Ver. 2.3.6?

Oops. I found them under Software!

I installed everything and re-ran Go64.  I still come up with the following:

Canon IJ On-screen Manual.app [2.2.2] in /Applications/Canon Utilities/IJ Manual/Easy Guide Viewer

Canon IJ Printer Utility.app [7.27.2] in /Library/Printers/Canon/BJPrinter/Utilities

CpDesktop.app [3.0.0] in /Library/Application Support/Canon/IJ Manual/CpDesktop

These may be superseded by what I just downloaded but I don't know.

My Image Garden.app [3.6.1] now says app is 64 bit except for CIPECarbon.framework

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements