04-04-2015 11:59 PM
I just returned from the dark side--purchased another Canon printer after trying another brand. This one is a PIXMA MG3520. I am impressed with its operation, but the photo print quality lacks something. I have been using an old version of Photoshop Elements to massage pictures before printing. It has worked very well with all my previous printers, but prints with this machine are extremely contrasty compared with what I see on my monitor. Drastically reducing the contrast and brightness to the point that the pictures look rather drab on the screen helps. Is there something I can do to make the prints look more like what I see on the screen?
04-13-2015 03:48 AM
There is a program that comes with the printer called Easy-PhotoPrint that should produce better results. To print using Easy-PhotoPrint, please follow these steps:
1. Open Easy-PhotoPrint.
2. Once inside of the application, you will see a folder structure on the left-hand side where you can select a photo or image. Please navigate to the location of the photo/image you would like to print. When you do, all available images in that location should appear in the right pane of the window. Please note: If a screen appears with options to Photo-Print, Create an Album, Sticker Print, etc., please select the PHOTO-PRINT option to view the area with the folder structure.
3. Underneath each of the photos appearing in the right pane of the window, you will see a n up and down arrow, as well as a "0". Please click the UP arrow once underneath the image you would like to select, then click the PAPER SELECTION tab at the top of the window.
4. On the PAPER SELECTION TAB, please select the PRINTER, PAPER SOURCE, PAPER SIZE, and MEDIA TYPE, then click the LAYOUT/PRINT tab at the top of the window.
5. Please select the desired layout from the left-hand pane of the window. When you do, a preview of what the image should look like when printed will appear in the right-hand pane of the window.
6. Once you have selected a layout, please click the PRINT button. The photo/image should print.
If you do not have the Easy-PhotoPrint program installed on your computer, it can be downloaded from the Canon USA website. Please click here to go to the Drivers and Software page for the PIXMA MG3520. Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:
1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system.
2. Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "SOFTWARE" section and click the EASY-PHOTOPRINT file. When you do, a red DOWNLOAD button will appear. Please click on the checkbox below the DOWNLOAD button, then click the red DOWNLOAD button to begin the download. The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.
Once you have downloaded the file, please double-click on it and follow the prompts to install the program on your computer.
Hope this helps!
This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.