cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3520 Will not print with the black ink

MNR
Apprentice

I am using the MG3520 as an air printer with my Ipad Air2.  I installed a new black ink and it will not print in black.  I have cleaned the nozzle four times and have done the deep cleaning 3 times.  I wiped the contacts on the black ink with an alcohol wipe too and reset the print for the ink I reinstalled it each time.  Any more ideas.  The Canon print app shows that there is black ink in the cartridge.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

As previously stated.  I had already done the print test and cleaned the nozzles.  The black portion does not print at all.  I did all of the steps again with the same result.  The test page does not have the black printing.  The ink is so expensive but I installed a brand new black ink and it works fine now.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

James_C

Hi MNR,

A test page should be printed.  The nozzle check pattern shows if each print head nozzle is operating properly.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Make sure that your PIXMA MG3520 is turned on.

2.  Load a sheet of Letter-sized plain paper in the front tray.

3.  Open the output tray extension, open the paper output tray, then extend the paper output support.

4.  Hold down the Stop button until the Alarm lamp flashes orange once, then release it immediately.

5.  The nozzle check pattern will be printed.   Please compare the test page that you printed with the one that has been attached to this email.

If the test page does not match the example attached to this email, printhead cleanings should be performed.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Hold down the Stop button until the Alarm lamp flashes orange twice, then release it immediately.

2.  The machine starts cleaning the print head.  The cleaning will be complete when the ON lamp lights green after flashing.

Do not perform any other operations until the machine completes the cleaning of the print head. This takes about 1 to 2 minutes.

After performing a few cleanings, please print another test page.

Does the test page print correctly?

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

As previously stated.  I had already done the print test and cleaned the nozzles.  The black portion does not print at all.  I did all of the steps again with the same result.  The test page does not have the black printing.  The ink is so expensive but I installed a brand new black ink and it works fine now.

Hi MNR,

If you continue to have difficulties at this point, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

So by wasting more money buying another ink cartridge to replace the incredible overpriced ink cartridge that didn’t work, the printer might actually spit out a black and white document? The 2 ink cartridges together cost as much as a new printer would!

if wasting ink and throwing away expensive ink cartridges is how you get the printer to actually print, I’m out. It’s time customers said ENOUGH! 

Announcements