cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3520 Scanning Problem

carmelin
Apprentice

After latest Windows 10 update, MG3520 either won't scan or won't scan multi-page.  Error codes 2, 157, 50 or 2, 157, 201.  Scanner worked fine previously.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi carmelin,

The errors that you are experiencing are caused by the security software that is active on your computer.

Please temporarily disable your security software and attempt to scan again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi carmelin,

The errors that you are experiencing are caused by the security software that is active on your computer.

Please temporarily disable your security software and attempt to scan again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Can you provide more details on specifically what needs to be adjusted in the "security software"?  I have Norton and have my device listed as a trusted device as well as the programs listed as trusted programs?  Is there something in the Windows defender that is creating this? error code?

Hi ccspitzer,

When you attempt to scan using the IJ Scan Utility, what is the error code that appears at the bottom of the error message?

carmelin
Apprentice

The recommended solution to turn off security software did not work. The only thing that works every time is hitting the reset button on the A.T.&T. modem/router.  Either the A.T.&T. modem/router or the Canon software has some sort of cache that has to be cleared before the scan function works correctly.  A.T.&T. Customer Support says it's a printer/scanner problem.  Canon Customer Support says it's an A.T.&T. problem.  All other functions of the MG3520 work fine except scanning.  The scanning function used to work until MicroSoft made one of its updates to Windows 10.  So now when I have a lot of scanning to do, I just reset the modem/router.  Inconvenient, but it works for me.

ct2see
Apprentice

Have a new hp pc with win10.  It worked fine on my craptop with win10 and the same security sw as I have on pc.  However when I try to scan now, connected to my pc, I get error codes:5,156, and 69.  I have tried multiple usb ports as well as uninstalling and reinstalling driver, powering off/on, etc

Just get same same!

Thanks

Announcements