cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3500 printing blurry with lines missing unless in photo mode

jsuiter
Apprentice

I have tried cleaning, deep cleaning & head alignment several times each and have cleaned the bar, but I continue to get blurry pages with lines thru some of the text unless I print on the Photo setting, which uses much more ink. On the photo setting everything is fine and crisp. 

Is there a new driver I need or any other tips / tricks to get the printer to work on normal settings? The main culprit when I print the test pages seems to be the black ink, although a couple of the colors have small lines thru them as well.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jsuiter,

When printing is blurry, the encoder/timing strip may be dirty.  Cleaning this will resolve the printing issues that you are experiencing.  To clean this, please follow the steps outlined in the following Knowledgebase Article from Canon's web site:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART143796

If this issue persists, your PIXMA MG3520 would require service.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 weekdays and Saturdays after 11 AM ET (8 AM PT). Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements