cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3220 not working with MacBook m1 Big Sur. Are they just incompatible?

pen
Apprentice

Hi. Are these just incompatible? This printer worked a few weeks ago with my old imac running Mojave. It does not work with the macbook m1 running Big Sur version 11.5.2. I understand this is a problem people are having with a lot of different printers, not just canons, however I don't want to buy a new printer because I don't print that much, but I do need to have a printer at home. This computer cannot find the printer when connected with a cord, I've tried different cords, so that is not the problem, it also cannot find it wirelessly. After it could not find the printer, I reset the printers, reinstalled drivers, tried to add it and it still did not show up despite being connected with a cord. I even called Apple support and they were unable to help. I really don't want to pay $20 to speak to Canon for an older printer like this if this problem cannot be fixed. Canon does not have Big Sur drivers for this model, I had to download Catalina the driver. I also tried a generic printer driver which also did not work. I'd really like to be able to keep using this printer and not have to buy a new one. Does anyone have any answers or ideas?

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi pen,

The PIXMA MG3220 is not supported with macOS v11 (Big Sur).

You may be able to use your PIXMA MG3220 with your Mac, as the PIXMA MG3220 is compatible with Airprint, which Big Sur uses as well.  Please connect your MG3220 to your Wi-Fi and it should appear in the Add Printer window as availalbe to add.

You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monady throuigh Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements