cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3200 asks me to confirm I want to print in black only each time I use it? How do I turn this off?

BlackInkOnly
Apprentice

My MG3200 ran out of color ink, so I changed it to only use the black ink via settings, and I also set it to print in greyscale. Every individual page I try to print causes it to stop and ask me for confirmation. I do not want to buy color ink, I only print black & white Ebay, PayPal, USPS & FedEx labels with it. Is there anyway to get it to print black only without it screeching to a halt and asking me for confirmation? I tried removing the color ink, it then wouldnt print at all. 

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

If the printer is set to either the black only or color only modes, a warning will appear with each print job.  This cannot be disabled.

If additional assistance is needed, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The warning wouldnt be an issue if I didnt have to click something every single time to confirm so I can move onto printing. Im just going to throw this thing in the trash, Im not gonna be strong armed into buying color ink that I do not even use, what a racket. 

Canon has really disappointed me. My old Canon printer was great years ago, this thing requires color to print in black & white, my old canon point n shoot camera was great, the last two I bought were horrible. 

Garbage. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements