cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3122 Error E05 "ink cartridge cannot be recognized"

wrinkles521
Apprentice

I bought a Canon MG3122 back in November and I've had absolutely nothing but problems with it.  My biggest complaint is that I continuously get error message E05 - ink cartridge cannot be recognized - for both color and black.  I am certain that I have the correct cartridges (240XL and 241XL) and I've bought about 3 or 4 different ones since I've gotten this printer and I always get the same error message.  If I get the printer to work and then go a couple of hours without using it, the printer will again give me the error message, even though nothing has been touched since I last had it working.  Even when I bought the printer, the ink that came with it couldn't be recognized.  I suppose that should have been my first clue that this wasn't going to be the printer for me but I'm very dependant on it for business so I was really hoping it was just a couple of defective cartridges.  This cannot be a normal occurance.  Please help!

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello wrinkles521.

Since multiple cartridges have been used, additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of this particular issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements