cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3060 in Error State - Collecting Printer Status

pgregory
Apprentice

I have a new Pixma MG3060 that worked beautifully for a couple of weeks but now refuses to print. It is connected to a Windows 10, 64 bit machine. I have used both wireless and USB connections and behaviour is the same. Stand-alone functions (eg. copy) work fine. The printer dialogue says "Collecting printer status" and a Windows notification says "Printer is in error state".  After rebooting both the computer and the printer without success, I re-installed the driver but the condition remained the same. Finally, I reset the printer to factory settings and went through the setup process again. This worked. The printer worked for a couple of days but now has returned to the error state, as before.  I have browsed several printer support forums and have seen this sort of problem reported for a variety of Canon printers, and have tried all the suggestions, but still no luck.

11 REPLIES 11

Hi,
I downloaded and installed the PIXMA MG3020 driver and tried with the wireless connection. It did not work.  Then, I tried with USB connection but I have the following message: the printer is not connected. I also tried the different solutions suggested to fix the problem. It did not work.
Please, provide another solution or replace my printer that never worked correctly. The driver problems started right from the beginning.
This is urgent.
Thank you

@Michael wrote:

Philippe01,

Disconnect the USB cable from the printer.  Then try the following:

1.  Click the Start Button and search for the Control Panel, then open the Control Panel.
2.  Open "Programs and Features", or "Uninstall a program".
3.  Uninstall the MG3000 MP Drivers and the Canon IJ Network Tool if either of these are listed.  If these are not listed, move on to the next step.
4.  Go back to the Control Panel.
5.  Open Devices and Printers.
6.  Right-click and delete or remove any copies of the printer that are listed here.

Once this has been done, visit the following link to download and install the MG3000 series MP Drivers.

PIXMA MG3020 Drivers & Downloads

Hi Philippe01,

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. For a quicker response, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements