cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3060 in Error State - Collecting Printer Status

pgregory
Apprentice

I have a new Pixma MG3060 that worked beautifully for a couple of weeks but now refuses to print. It is connected to a Windows 10, 64 bit machine. I have used both wireless and USB connections and behaviour is the same. Stand-alone functions (eg. copy) work fine. The printer dialogue says "Collecting printer status" and a Windows notification says "Printer is in error state".  After rebooting both the computer and the printer without success, I re-installed the driver but the condition remained the same. Finally, I reset the printer to factory settings and went through the setup process again. This worked. The printer worked for a couple of days but now has returned to the error state, as before.  I have browsed several printer support forums and have seen this sort of problem reported for a variety of Canon printers, and have tried all the suggestions, but still no luck.

11 REPLIES 11

jgkhan
Apprentice
I am in USA and I have the same problem. New Pixma MG3620 Printer worked for some days and now gives "Printer in Error State" message both in wireless and USB connection. Tried resetting but does not work. Can you help me?

Hi jgkhan,

Is the error light blinking on your printer?

If the error light is blinking (or power and error are both blinking), please use the following link to determine the cause of the error and the resolution:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ErrorCode/MG3600%20series/EN/ERR/err_ug_message01_0100.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrick, Thank you for replying. The Error light does not blink. When I reload the software the Test Print paper prints, but while printing any other page it gives "Printer in Error state" Message and "Printer not responding" in Printer window. Please help. Thanks.

Windows 10
Printer: MG3520
Hi,
I have exactly the same problem. The display on the computer shows: Collecting printer status.but nothing happens.
Should I reinstall the driver?
Thank you

Hi Philippe01,

You can try restarting the Windows Print Spooler. To do this, open the search feature on your Windows computer and type services and press enter. Once the services window opens, scroll down to until you see Print Spooler. Right click on PRint Spooler and select restart. The print spooler will restart and then you can try to print again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi,
I reinstalled the program and it works better now. Not perfect because I often have to shut off and reopen the printer because it doesn't start printing. I have all the time the message: printer is not responding. Please, help.
Thank you

Hi Philippe01,

Is the printer connected wirelessly or with a usb?

We look forward to your reply.

I use USB

Philippe01,

Disconnect the USB cable from the printer.  Then try the following:

1.  Click the Start Button and search for the Control Panel, then open the Control Panel.
2.  Open "Programs and Features", or "Uninstall a program".
3.  Uninstall the MG3000 MP Drivers and the Canon IJ Network Tool if either of these are listed.  If these are not listed, move on to the next step.
4.  Go back to the Control Panel.
5.  Open Devices and Printers.
6.  Right-click and delete or remove any copies of the printer that are listed here.

Once this has been done, visit the following link to download and install the MG3000 series MP Drivers.

PIXMA MG3020 Drivers & Downloads

Announcements