cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3010 Scanning issue

baraka
Apprentice

My MG3010 has been scanning fine up until a couple of days ago. The problem was intermittent at first but has now become steady. When scanning, either with the IJ Scan Utility 2 OR with Scan Utility Lite, the resulting scan only shows the left 2/3's (or so) of the page. Scanned image inserted. I assume you know what the full image is supposed to be as this is the print test from the MG3010. All images, not just this one, have the same results. Thanks for looking into this.Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 3.08.41 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I was able to track down the link for the Scan Utility but had the same initial problem: only partial page scan. I was directed to try scanning through the Image Capture program by a tech at the "pay a dollar "site. This was completely successful. I have a feeling there is no more support for the scan utility, perhaps because of Catalina? <shrug> Anyway, Image Capture works great. Best dollar I've spent in a long time.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Try scanning from the Driver.  In the IJ Scan Utility, click the Driver option.  Then preview and scan the image. 

Does the same issue occur?

Also, try performing a copy directly from the unit to see if the same issue occurs with copies.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Michael,

Both scanning with the driver and copying result in the full image. Tried scanning document image with Utility again and got the previous results... partial image.

Next?

Hello.

Try deleting the software from the computer and also remove any copies of the printer from the computer.  Once this has been done, reinstall the latest drivers and IJ scan Utility to see if this will help with your issue. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I've tried to find the website that has the software again, but all I get is either links to pay online storage products or "page can not be found". I had someone from the $1.00 paysite send me a link, but it seems to have only loaded "image garden" and "image display". Can you assist with the proper URL for the Mac version of the printer driver and scanning software for the Canon MG3010 printer? (Sorry to be so specific, but I want to make sure I'm asking for the correct website address)

Many thanks

I was able to track down the link for the Scan Utility but had the same initial problem: only partial page scan. I was directed to try scanning through the Image Capture program by a tech at the "pay a dollar "site. This was completely successful. I have a feeling there is no more support for the scan utility, perhaps because of Catalina? <shrug> Anyway, Image Capture works great. Best dollar I've spent in a long time.

Announcements