cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG2922 won't print at all.

cassiemarie1005
Apprentice

I just bought the PIXMA MG2922 and it won't print anything. Just throws everything into queue. I have tried to troubleshoot and nothing helps. Just says the only issue is that it's not the default printer. I'm running Windows 10.

6 REPLIES 6

Ramona
Authority

Hi cassiemarie1005,

Please try the following to resolve the issue:

1. From the Start menu, click Settings, Devices, Printers & Scanners.
2. Towards the bottom of the Printers & Scanners area, turn off Let Windows manage my default printer.
3. Once this has been done, reinstall the printer drivers and software.  You may have to delete any extra icons of the printer in the Printers & Scanners menu in the Control Panel.

Should you still experience difficulty, please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) and a Canon technical support representative will be happy to further assist you.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

recently bought the mg 2522 pixma printer and copyer with wireless functions  i have googl'd  the trouble shooting options  i re installed the drivers three times and  software  first time with a fresh uninstall, but not the second or third time. i have the ' wireless '' printer attached to the laptop  via cord as installation requires and the installation plainly states printer connnected   HOWEVER; uppon printing test printing  or allignment it just sits there  no sounds mo vibrations no movements the que fills up and the printer  acts like a rock.   i did test the copyer function it will copy in color as well as black and white no error info ink is fine moveing parts are fine no paper jam - also installation seams to  work fine all but the first test print that after 10 ,imuts still just sits there  my first question is if the printer is wireless why must it use a cord my second question is why wouldnt a cord come with it and my third is WHY WONT IT PRINT  no error messeges no physical issues  even has a cord IT SHOULDNT REQUIRE  and then on top on im running windows 10 fully updated  laptop  i have tried the turning it off  pc and printer ive tried several combinations of turning them off together and turning them off separatly and re attaching them  and please dont just tell me to call during the week i work like everyone else and callot call tech support  during those  hours

I just had the same issue a while ago upon taking it out of the box.  I played around some and I got it to work:

In the printer que message box, at the top there's a drop-down menu under "Printer"

Click on Printer.

Click on Properties (at the bottom of the list)

A menu will pop-up with tabs running across; click on the fourth tab "Advanced"

Here you will see that it shows "Driver ______whatever printers you have; choose the mg2500 series____________________   ___________________ New Drive (BUTTON)"

Click on New Drive.

You will be met with a two column list.  Choose Canon on the left side then scroll down to the MG2500 series on the right column.  Click okay.

For some reason Windows 10 needs that extra permission I guess?  Hell idk but I hope this helps!

Why won't my printer print a Publisher Document. It was printing earlier but my ink was low, then it just stopped printing, so I replaced the ink and it still won't print. It printed this page but won't print my document anymore.
When you say reinstall the printer drivers and software, do I delete the printer all together and reinstall? Thank you, Trish

Hi tacastillo,

Are you able to print from other applications other than Publisher?

If you are unable to print from any application, reinstalling may help.

What version of Windows (or OSX) is installed on your computer?

Are you using your PIXMA MG2922 wirelessly?   or with a USB cable?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Sdem3504
Apprentice
This worked for me. I just bought the same model except without wireless (MG-2522) running Windows 10 also and had the same problem... It would copy but all print jobs just going into queue and sitting there. I tried this and worked perfectly.
Announcements