cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG2922 - black ink error

dmte
Apprentice

I have read previous notes; please do not respond with the same generic instructions. I have followed them (removed cartridges, unplug, etc). I have done this multiple times, ran the cleaning, nozzle check, etc. NOTHING is working. I replaced both the black and color ink cartridges (both were low). The light next to blank ink is staying on and I cannot print anything properly.

We switched to Canon from HP because of their annoying auto ink refill. This is ridiculous! I didn't expect to spend half of my Saturday doing something that should take less than 1 minute.

4 REPLIES 4

Ramona
Authority

Hi dmte,

Since the black ink lamp is still lit on the printer even after removing and reseating the ink cartridges in the unit and leaving the printer unplugged, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

CANON you are not giving us a phone# or an email to contact you.  How can we contact you.  I got work I need to do. I got to go out and buy me another brand printer.  It will not be an CANON.

Hello, precious1!

In Ramona's post above, the word "here" is a hyperlink that goes to page with contact information for support. We apologize for the confusion. Our US-based support team can be reached at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) weekdays from 8am to 8pm (ET), excluding holidays.

We hope this is helpful. 

precious1
Apprentice

I diasembled the printer which is crazy.  Cleaned the ink pads. Reasembled the printer.  Now I cant get the yellow error light to go off on printer.  I tried everything on youtube, forum etc.  It shouldnt be this complicated.  I have spent useless hours already and still cant get the error light to turn off on my printer. 

I will never, never, never buy another CANON. This is ridiculous. A waste of my money and time.

Announcements