cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG2922 Is refusing to work.

MuniiPanda
Apprentice

I am using a Windows 10 (x64) based operating system and I cannot for the life of me get this printer to work. I plugged it in without ever using it before so there were no leftover drivers from any previous printer, a clean slate. I used the recommended installer package including the MP drivers and all software to use it (found HERE). 

Yet it refuses to go past the setup stage. It will detect my printer for about 30 seconds to one minute, doing absolutely nothing then it will come with this message: 

muniipanda1.JPG

I have gone into my computer's properties and it detects the device but it is marked as "Other Device(s):"

muniipanda.JPG

...and the windows printer manager cannot detect it. I have tried manually installing it via the printer port it's connected to, I have removed the device and it's drivers 3 times now, and every time I launch the software to install the drivers and set it up, it never gets past the setup stage. Also prior to this, while installing the drivers it only gets to about 30% before the window closes and it opens up the setup screen. I honestly don't know what to do at this point, and any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

BillS
Mentor

Hi MuniiPanda,

If you are connecting with a USB cable, the Windows drivers may interfere with the installation of the Canon drivers.  Let's install the drivers one more time.

1. Disconnect the USB cable until prompted.
  2. Click HERE.

3. Scroll down to "Optional Drivers."

4. Click “Select” next to "MG2900 series MP Drivers."

5. Press "Download."

6. Open and run the file.

7. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.

Additional programs listed under “Software” can be installed the same way.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements