11-11-2020 05:55 PM
I get an error message; "cannot communicate with the scanner; the scanner is turned off, the USB cable is disconnected. Code 5,156,69". when using the Quick Menu. My USB is connected. I am using windows 10
12-11-2020 03:56 PM
Please disconnect the USB cable from your PIXMA MG2920 and follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.
2. In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.
3. Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).
4. Right click the Canon MG2900 series and left click on Remove device. Repeat until all MG2900's are removed.
5. In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).
6. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).
7. Click once on "Canon MG2900 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.
8. Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver. When you click Complete, the driver is uninstalled.
9. Once done, please reboot your computer.
When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:
1. Please use the following link:
2. Click the Select button next to "MG2900 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.01".
3. Click the Download button. The drivers will download.
4. Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder. To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.
5. Double click "mp68-win-mg2900-1_01-ejs.exe" to begin the installation.
6. Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall, reconnecting the USB cable when prompted by the installation.
Once the installation has completed, please attempt to scan using the IJ Scan Utility.
To do this, please click on the Windows Start button in the lower left hand corner. In the menu that appears, click on the Canon Utilities folder and then click on the IJ Scan Utility.
Once the IJ Scan Utility opens, please click on Document or Photo to begin scanning.
For more information regarding the IJ Scan Utility, please use this link: