cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG2920 cuts off bottom of page...

eppst1
Apprentice

Hello!

I'm trying to pring some things, and for some reason the bottom of the page keeps getting cut off.  Notice in the attached picture the large amount of white space above the actual print, but at the bottom of the page, the "print" area seems much smaller and it cuts off the last part of the picture.

Screenshot_46.jpg

How can I fix this without "fitting" the picture.  I would like to print at 100% size.

Let me know please.

Thanks!

Ed

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi eppst1,

It would appear as though the PDF that you are attempting to print is larger than 8.5" x 11".  The original document would have to be edited in order to print the page at 100%.  The other way to print the document would be to click the Page Setup button at the bottom and decrease the margins.  The default is 1".  Decreasing this may get your page to fit on the paper with no reduction.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello,

So I tried printing the same things from a different printer, and as you can see, the page isn't cut off.

screen grab.jpg

Also you will notice the white area is even all around the page, unlike my picture.  Also, for some reason, and maybe it's a setting somewhere, I can change the margins - they are greyed out.

Let me know what you think.

Ed

Hi Ed,

The printing area of the PIXMA MG2922 is 8.0" x 10.22".  The left and right margins are .5", but the top and bottom margins are not equal.  The bottom margin is greater, as this is needed to perform the paper feed through the printer.  It would appear as though the document is larger than the PIXMA MG2922's printable area and the only way to fit the whole image on one sheet would be to reduce the size of the image to the available printable area.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

PhotosByNeva
Enthusiast

My printer does not give me a lot of options. So I had to uncheck the "Fit to Page" box, click on "More Settings" and change the Scale from 100% to 95%, then it quit cutting off the bottom.

It has nothing to do with whether or not whatever you are printing "fits" an 8.5" x 11" sheet, it is just something the Canon printer does. I used to ONLY purchase HP printers and never had that problem. The reason I bought a Canon is because HP got cheap and the last 3 printers I had broke before the first year and in some cases more than one was replaced...not good.

Announcements