cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2922 cutting off bottom of page

suiteskull
Apprentice

When we are printing labels or business cards the bottom part of the page is always cut off leaving us with at least two unuseable card or multiple bad labels.

Two answers to the obvious first "fixes":

1. These page layouts are required to not be rescaled or they will not line up with the precut sheets they are being printed     on.

2. These problems are specific to the MG2900 printer. In the print dialog page preview window I can see the shaded bottom margins move lower if I chose a different printer.

Is there a firmware/driver update that can correct this, or is it a physical limitation of this printer model?

Specifics:

Windows 7

MG2922 printer

Printing from Adobe Acrobat Reader DC in .pdf format

11 REPLIES 11

grahammash
Apprentice

I am having precisely the same problem with my MG2450 printer

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi suiteskull.

The sharded portion of the print dialog shows the printable area of the printer.  If there is text within this area, it will not be printed.  There isn't a firmware or driver update for this, as it is a physical limitation of the printer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

maofficial
Apprentice

I don't know if this will helo, but I had the same issue with my (old) MX410. I was printing a PDF from Evernote and from my computer, with the same issue. I noticed in the print settings in the browser that the page size was set to A4, so I reset to Letter and everything works just fine! I have no clue why that happened, but thankful I was able to fix it... was 2 weeks I had that issue.

Yes, that fixed it! Thank you. I have to remember to change my print setting to "US letter" rather than the default "A4" setting every time I use my printer.

garamount
Apprentice

I have the same problem with my MG 3050! Other margins are ok (0,3cm), but bottom 1,68cm in all programs. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Please help!

Hi garamount,

In order to better assist you, allow me to ask a couple questions:

• What size paper do you have loaded?
  • What size paper is being requested by the computer?
  • Are you able to make a photocopy normally?

I look forward to your reply. 

Hi,

thanks for you reply. I am using A4 paper and that size is being requested by the computer. Photocopy is cut off as well.

Hi garamount,

Thanks for that information.  Let's start by changing the paper registered on the printer.

1. Make sure that the printer is turned on.
  2. Press and hold the Stop button until the Alarm lamp flashes 10 times.

3. Release the Stop button.

The ON lamp starts flashing instead of remaining lit.

1. Press the Black button to select A4, or the Color button to select Letter.
    2. The ON lamp stops flashing and remains lit, then the paper size is changed.
    3. Note
      1. When you switch the page size to A4 or Letter, load paper of the selected size.

When the page size is set to A4, load A4 plain paper.

When the page size is set to Letter, load Letter-sized plain paper.

• This setting is retained even if the printer is turned off.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

garamount
Apprentice
Hi BillS,
thanks for the instructions. I set the printer to A4 paper, but problem still persists. Printer's printable area is still with wide botom edge...
Announcements