cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG2555s can print on Win7 not on Win10

Camcam
Apprentice

Hello,

I've bought last summer a Canon PIXMA MG2555S printer/scanner.

I used it on my old laptop (windows 7) for almost a year without a problem. Printing et scanning features were working well.

Now, I have a new computer running on Windows 10 (64 bits), and I can't print from it, even though I can scan.

In windows printer and scanner settings, it sees my MG2500 serie device as a scanner only, not a printer.

I tried to install drivers downloaded from your website (MP Drivers), and it can't pass the step 3 "connection to the printer". During that step, I turn on the printer, it says it's connected, the printer makes some noise, and then, nothing happens. If the printer is on before that step, I need to turn it off then on again, because it's considered not connected anyway.

I tried all the USB port on my PC, changed the USB A / USB B cable, unplug everything including alimentation cable, and it still does not work on my Win 10 computer. And of course, if I plug my printer back to the win 7 laptop, then it prints well, so I guess

Can you help please ? Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Tiffany

Welcome to The Canon Forums!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA. While the commmunity is welcome to chime in, the Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

I will try to contact the right team then, thank you !

Announcements