cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG2522 wont print last line of document

jory1978
Apprentice

Hi all,

I'm new here and i'm having trouble with my new pixma mg2522. I've been trying to print a document that is the standard size 8.5 x 11 and when it prints it is cutting off in the middle of the last line of text on the page. The formatting is the same as it has always been and i have another printer that has no problem, and never has, with printing the full page. I made sure to select fit to page, but still it won't print that last line of text fully. I use a windows operating system. I've had other canon printers and haven't had this problem, however this is the cheapest model i've ever purchased from cannon, i hope that isn't the reason, because then that would be a waste of money, i need to print that last line, it is just as important as the rest of the document. Thoughts?

6 REPLIES 6

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jory1978,

Please open the document you are attempting to print.

Click on File and then Print Preview.

Does the preview appear correctly, or is the last line cut off in the preview as well?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jory1978
Apprentice
It's a pdf file. Print preview shows the full document, nothing missing.

Hello.

Check to make sure that Letter is the specified paper size for the MG2522 before printing.  It may be possible that a smaller size has been chosen.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

12tribes
Apprentice

I'm having this same issue. I've confirmed the page size is correct, selected fit to page, and still having the problem. Thinking it's just because this is a cheap printer, so I'm just going to return this to the store instead of continuing to waste paper and ink.

jtcford
Apprentice

I'm having the same issue. Can someone please tell us how to fix it!

Hi jtcford,

The PIXMA MG2522 has an area around the page that is in an "unprintable area".

The top, left and right areas are .25" from the edge of the paper.

The bottom area is .66" from the bottom edge.

If your text is within the .66" area, it will not print.

For more information regarding this, please view this page from the PIXMA MG2522's manual:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/MG2500%20series/EN/BG/bg-loading2000.html

Announcements