cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG2522 Scanner now cropping scan into 2 pieces

67buick
Apprentice

My new printer/scanner worked just fine until I cropped one of my pages/jpgs down. Now everything I try to scan will crop into 2 jpgs with the top 1/3 of the page being tilted in the small cropped scan as well, and the other being squared from the bottom of the page. I have tried to default all my settings but nothing is working. Tried turning it off and back on. Any suggestions as to how to get it back to scanning a whole page again?

5 REPLIES 5

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know about any error messages you're seeing, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or macOS 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or WiFi).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options. 

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

I operate on Windows XP and there are no error messages. It worked fine up until I used the cropping option on one of my jpgs I had just scanned. Now everything I try to scan states "transferring image: scan 1/2, scan 2/2" The first scanned part is the top third of the page and it is tilted to the left at a 45 degree angle. The second part of the scan is the bottom 2/3 of the same page, is square, cropped, and zoomed in.

67buick
Apprentice

Oh and it is my desktop computer so connects via usb. It is essential I get this fixed as I am a school teacher and need it for posting assignments online, now.

Hi there!

The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature,click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find your support options. 

I'm not creating a Canon account to help fix my problem with the scanning capabilities. As long as I can figure it out within a week, I'm fine. If not, it will go back to Walmart. Any clues as to how to fix this problem?

Announcements