cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG2520 with Big Sur

Ecuestre
Apprentice

I loaded Big Sur on my mAc. I then downloaded ther new Canon drivers for Big Sur. I keep getting a window that says, "error while printing." I cannot print in any color. <<<<the print job just won't start.

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Ecuestre,

Reinstalling should resolve this issue.  To do this, please disconnect the USB cable and follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Apple in teh uppwer left corner and then System Preferences.

2.  Click on Printers & Scanners.

3.  Click on the Canon printer on the left side and then the [-] at the bottom to remove it.  Repeat until all Canon MG2520's are removed.

4.  Close that window.

5.  Click once on desktop so Finder appears in upper left corner

6.  To the right of Finder, please click on GO and then "Go to folder"

7.  In that box, type:

/Library/Printers/

and click Go

8.  Delete all Canon folders

Next, we will install the latest driver:

1.  Please use the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mg...

2.  Click the Select button next to "MG2500 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 16.40.1.0 (Mac)".

3.  Click the Download button.  The drivers will download.

4.  Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder.

5.  Double click "mcpd-mac-mg2500-16_40_1_0-ea21_3.dmg" to begin the installation.

6.  Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall.

7.  Once complete, please click on the Apple in the upper left hand corner and then System Preferences.

8.  Click on Printers & Scanners.

9.  Click the [+] at the bottom.  The Add window will appear.

10. In the Add window, please reconnect the USB cable and wait for the MG2520 to appear.

11.  Once it does, click on it 1 time.  At the bottom, next to "Use", make sure that the Canon MG2500 series is selected and then click the Add button.

Once the installation has completed, please attempt to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have tried all of the above with my canon mg2920 (using the 2920 big sur driver instead) and I still get an error "missing usb class driver". I have a new mac air with big sur and have been unable to print anything.

Announcements