cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG2520 ONLY prints images and NOT text

Loreleidreams
Apprentice

The issue is for some reason this Pixma MG 2520 will ONLY print images.  It will NOT print any text at all - doesn't matter what color it is at all.  If I go into a program to make the text an image I can "trick" the printer into printing it, but other wise it won't do it at all. 

It will not print in any format - Word, Excel, Publisher, Email, PDF, a page from the internet.  If there is text - the printer will NOT print it. 

I am using Windows 10

The Printer is set up via USB to the computer

The printer is set to Standard Printing - I have full Color and full Black cartridges - no there is nothing preventing it from printing - as it prints all images with out issue

It is NOT set to greyscale

Plain copy paper

Color/Intensity is set to Auto

I have done a print head alignment and it will not print any words only images

So I am BEYOND frustrated and angry at this point.  The Canon website says "call this number for text support we are open from _ to _" 

I call that number in the hours provided to be told via a computer to call another number and then told they are closed - way to support your products and customers Canon - beyond disappointed and angry customer here.  I am just disgusted and aggrivated with this as it makes no sense and then the false infomration listed on the site is making it worse. 

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Loreleidreams,

Let's do a test from your PIXMA MG2520 to make sure that it is working correctly:

1.  Turn your PIXMA MG2520 on.

2.  Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the front tray.

3.  Open the output tray extension, open the paper output tray, then extend the paper output support.

4.  Hold down the STOP button on your PIXMA MG2520 until the Alarm lamp flashes orange once, then release it immediately.

The nozzle check pattern will be printed.

Please compare the test page that you printed with the one that has been attached to the bottom os this post.

Does the test page that you printed match the example below?

MG2520 Nozzle Test.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

yeah ha funny

canon finally got around to having a tech contact me - all they can come up with is "it may have a hardware issue" so you can return it for a replacement

sigh

it worked before and then suddenly stopped printing text

Ummm by the way. pssstt... nozzel test is one of the first things I did - and only shows yet again that nothing is wrong with the ink cartridges. 

So please stop asking me to test things that only waste ink and DO NOT print any text. 

The printer prints ALL images in black and in color with NO Issues at all

It will NOT print text.  

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements