cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG2500 Setup Without CD Drive

NatashaRuth
Apprentice

i got the canon PIXMA MG2500 how do i set it up to my computer it doesnt have a disk loader 

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

No CD or DVD drive is required:

Support | MG Series | PIXMA MG2520 (MG2500 Series) | Canon USA

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

i can not get the scanner to work with a new computer with windows
10 theprinter works great

Hi cparshall,

Reinstalling will resolve this issue.  To do this, please disconnect the USB cable from your PIXMA MG2500 series printer and then follow these steps:

1.  Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

2.  In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.

3.  Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).

4.  Right click the Canon MG2500 series and left click on Remove device.  Repeat until all MG2500's are removed.

5.  Click 1 time on one of the other printers installed.

6.  At the top, click on Print Server Properties.

7.  Click on the Driver tab.

8.  Click on the MG2500 in the list.  Click the Remove button at the bottom.

9.  Choose Remove driver and driver package and click OK.

10.  Click Yes and then Delete.

11.  Repeat until all MG2500s are removed from the list.

12.  Click Close to close that window.

13.  In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).

14.  In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).

15.  Click once on "Canon MG2500 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.  If it is not there, skip to #17.

16.  Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver.  When you click Complete,  the driver is uninstalled.

17.  Once done, please reboot your computer.

When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:

1.  Please use the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mg...

2.  Click the Select button next to "MG2500 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.02".

3.  Click the Download button.  The drivers will download.

4.  Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder.  To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.

5.  Double click "mp68-win-mg2500-1_02-ejs.exe" to begin the installation.

6.  Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall, making sure to reconnect the USB cable when prmopted by the installation.

Once the installation has completed, please attempt to scan using the IJ Scan Utility:

1.  Please click on the Windows Start button in the lower left corner of your computer's screen.

2.  In the menu that appears, click on the Canon Utilities folder.

3.  In that folder, click on the IJ Scan Utility.

Please use the Utility to scan.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

lilian
Apprentice

I have purchased exact same model replacement for MG2500 which developed OS10. a hardware problem.. MACBook Air OS10.12.8  has the software installed for the old one;  and that was working fine.   Can I just set up new printer without uninstalling  old software in the harddrive?  And just choose new printer in preferences. 

Greetings,

My recommendation, download the software for Mac OS Sierra.

Remove the printer from System Preferences > Printers and Scanners, use the minus button "(-)"

Drand the Printers software fro jthe Appliucations folder to the trash.

Restart your MAC

Run the installer, follow the directions and install the replacement device.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements