cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG2500 Series - Error 5B00

Penny2020
Apprentice

Please help I keep getting an error code 5B00 and don’t know what it is or means  or how to fix it!! Help Please!!! My warranty ran out too.

So no help from Canon. I have a canon printer MG2500 series. Please direct me to someone who can help me.

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what model printer you're using (it's usually on the top or front of the unit), and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or macOS 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or WiFi).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options. 

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

Stephen,

I have this 5B00 error with my MG2522 canon printer/scaner 

please let me know the way to correct this, I dont have any ink leakage, but if you also let me know how to actually clean the tank I will do it for sure, my printer is working very good (I love canon printers and cameras) I will hate to yunk it just because of this creapy counter firmware bug, please let me know steps to reset that counter, I will really appreciate your help and support

jvaldiosera@yahoo.com

Hi valdiocanon,

While you may be able to replace the ink absorber in your PIXMA MG2522, there is a software utility needed to reset the printer.  This utility is proprietary and not not available to the general public.

You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002.  They're available weekdays and Saturdays after 9 AM ET (6 AM PT). Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have been a loyal Canon user for years, and was very happy with my MG2520.  Then I had the error messages indicating that the ink absorber was full and followed directions on line to rinse it out.  But the error code continued.  I followed instructions on line (several different methods) to try to eliminate the code.  No luck, and evidently, according to Patrick, the reset is proprietary.  I tried Geek Squad and they could do nothing.  It is ridiculous and counter-productive not to release the method to reset codes, or to charge extra for it.  If the printer had simply broken after years of loyal service I would happily have bought a new Canon.  Instead I must junk this one, and have bought an Epson.  I will never buy another Canon product again.

Announcements