cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG2100 Printer Head Alignment not working for color ink?

bgill93
Apprentice

Hi, 

I have a Canon MG2100, and I just changed the color ink. When I print something in color I get magenta lines through the image. I realized I had to align the heads and have been trying to do both the automatic and manual methods of aligning the printer heads. I click color every time, but when the printer prints the sheet I'm supposed to scan or input values, there are no color values printed, only the black and white? I assume it needs the color values since the manual has them... What am I doing wrong?

Here's a picture: IMG.jpg

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi bgill93.

First, please make sure that the ink installed in the printer is the correct ink.  The correct ink cartridges are the PG-240 black and the CL-241 color.

Next, a test page should be printed.  The nozzle check pattern shows if each print head nozzle is operating properly.

1.  Ensure that the printer is powered on and the LED displays a 1.

2.  Open the paper output tray.

3.  Load a sheet Letter-sized plain paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder.

4.  Press the <Maintenance> button to display [A].  The Maintenance button is the button on the Operator's panel which has the wrench and screwdriver label above it.

5.  Press the Black Start button. The machine will print a nozzle check pattern.  Please compare the test page that you printed with the one at the bottom of this post.

If the test page does not match the example attached to this email, printhead cleanings should be performed.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Ensure that the printer is powered on and the LED displays a 1.

2.  Press the <Maintenance> button once to display [H].

3.  Press the Black Start button. The cleaning will commence.

After performing a few cleanings, please print another test page.

MG2120 Nozzle Test.jpg

If you continue to have difficulties, it is recommended that the ink cartridges are replaced.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements