cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG 7760 printer

plubbadub
Contributor

I get a shadow effect in printing text so the result is blurry. I understand this could be because there is oil on the timing or encoding strip. How do I fix it? The printer top does not seem to be designed to open and the strip is quite inaccessible.  

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

hi plubbadub,

To clean the encoder/timing strip, please follow the steps outlined in the following Knowledgebase Article available from Canon's web site:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART164632

After cleaning, please attempt to print again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I tried cleaning the timing strip as per the suggested approach on the Canon knowledge base. The way the printer is designed it is extraordinarily difficult to reach the timing strip with a cotton bud. After repeating the recommended process three times I saw absolutely no difference in the result. I do not know what else to do so I may have no option but to put up with the inferior printing results or buy a new printer which has parts that are more accessible. 

I did go through the process of manually realigning the printing head but that did not fix the problem.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements