Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: MG-7520 red orange triangle lightening bolt, not powering on

I tried purchasing a power supply from Canon with no luck ... not available.  I finally ended up purchasing one from China, that was pulled from another printer (claimed it was 'good', but no guarantees) and that one did not work.  Short of buying multiple power supplies hoping for one to work ... I have no idea what to do.  So far there is no description for doing any electrical evaluation that would pinpoint the real issue.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: MG-7520 red orange triangle lightening bolt, not powering on

Hi Steel. I thought of that same thing but I don't trust ordering used from so far away.

I cleaned my printer head with hot water yesterday. Not a fix. 
I left it unplugged from the power source over night and after plugging it back in, it showed signs of life. The orange lightening bolt was lit up. 

With the cartridges reloaded today I got a 203B Printer Head error. So I doubted my cleaning technique. And sure enough I didn't get it very clean. This time I disassembed the head and found small dried piece of ink. Im soakinging it in rubbing alcohol. I am getting a lot more ink out  of it.  3 hours of soak and rinse and it's still coming out. 

I'll post my results tomorrow.

Thanks for posting.