cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG-7520 red orange triangle lightening bolt, not powering on

kozmik
Apprentice

My MG7520 is getting a red orange triangle with lightening bolt when plugged in. Otherwise no activity, no LCD screen, no power-up.

I've already tried power cycling it multiple times with long waits. 

This happened after the printer was bumped. Maybe is has a shock sensor? Can more diagnostics be read from it via USB? Any way to soft reset the master warning?

How do I get into chat with a technician? 

Thanks much.

27 REPLIES 27

floridaboy79
Contributor

I think this was just a power supply problem. I think it pops out the bottom of the printer usually and I think it may burn out after a certain amount of time. I am not sure but it looks like it has a circuit board and its easily replaced because it probably goes out after awhile. You can probably just order another one for minimal cost from the manufacturer. I am currently ezperiencing this same problem and I am going to try replacing the power supply adapter because I think its most likely the problem. I am surprised nobody else has mentioned this at all here. 

It's not a power supply problem. I have the same problem on a brand new, 2-week old canon pixma G7020. Guess why I used this user name for this forum.

Rand
Apprentice

Same problem here.

After cleaning print head and installng carts I got a car error then it said wrong printer head installed Duh.

Then it wouldn't power up.

So I let it set all night then plugged it back in, now I have an orange lighting bolt and computer can't find the printer.

Power button does nothing. 

I wish Canon would address this issue. There must be a lot of these in the dump for all the complaints I see online.

I did buy an extended warranty but I'd rather not have to send it in if I don't have to.

caroloos
Apprentice

I just got the Orange triangle/lightning bolt for the first time.  Turned out I only needed to put paper in tray.   All working fine now.    Guess I got lucky.

You guys are so full of **bleep**! The printer is set to die after about 24mth or until the stupid ink tray throws an error and needs to get replaced.

Shame on you Canon for lying to your customers!

fenixen
Apprentice

same problem on my 7550. 

Can anyone actually confirm that Canon support managed to fix this issue without replacing the printer or parts of it? 

daveb81
Apprentice

I was able to fix mine. I got the triangle of death when I plugged straight into a wall socket. I plugged it into a surge protector and still had it. I ended up just unplugging the power cable from the back of the printer over and over until the light didn't come back on. Had to do it about 4 times. So, basically, plug it in, triangle comes on, unplug, plug back in when light goes away, triangle comes on.....until it stops coming on. 

jillcarlson
Apprentice

Found this answer on another thread from Canon support. It worked for me. My issue occurred after a power outage. I also plugged into a regular outlet (no surge protector) and plugged unplugged several times. I have a very old Pixma MG7720, so couldn't even register it to get access to a support person because I don't remember the purchase date.  Maybe they figure it should be dead by now.

"I recommend performing a reset of the printer. While the printer is on, unplug the power cord from the printer. While the power is off, press the power button 5 times. After 60 seconds plug the power cord back in and power on the printer.

If the error will not clear after the restart then the printer will require service."

Announcements