cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG 6220 printer does not scan after Windows 10 upgrade

RM1
Contributor

After upgrading to Windows 10 my MG6220 printer will not scan.  I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled the printer from the disc that came with the printer.  I have uninstalled MP Navigator EX 5 and then reinstalled it from the Canon website using the software version  which appears to be compatible with Windows 10.

11 REPLIES 11

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi RM1,

Are you using your PIXMA MG6220 with a USB cable or are you using your PIXMA MG6220 wirelessly?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am using a USB cable.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi RM1,

Uninstalling and reinstalling your PIXMA MG6220 should resolve this issue.  To do this, please disconnect the USB cable from your PIXMA MG6220 and follow these steps:

1.  Put the PIXMA MG6220's CDROM in the CDROM drive.  If the welcome screen appears, exit it. 

2.  Click on Start and then All Apps.

3.  Click on Windows System.

4.  Click on RUN.

5.  Click Browse. 

6.  Double click the CANON_IJ CDROM.

7.  Double click the folder named WIN.

8.  Double click the folder named Driver.

9.  Double click the folder named DrvSetup.

10.  Double click the file named DELDRV.  If you are using the 64 bit version of Windows 10, please double click DELDRV64.  In the Run box click OK. 

11.  Click Execute to start uninstall and Yes to completely uninstall the drivers.

12.  Once finished, please restart the computer.

When the computer restarts, we will install your PIXMA MG6220 again:

1.  Visit Canon's website at: http://usa.canon.com/support

2.  Type PIXMA MG6220 in the "Enter a Model Name" box and click the Get Drivers & Downloads button.

3.  In the Drivers & Downloads section, please click on "Drivers".

4.  Please click the "Select" button next to the MG6200 series MP Driver.

5.  If you agree, please select the checkbox next to "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download".

6.  Click the Download button.

7.  When the Save As box comes up, click Save.

8.  Once the download is complete, open your Downloads folder.

9.  Double click [mp68-win-mg6200-1_02-ejs.exe].  Files will extract.

Follow the prompts and the installation will complete.

Once reinstalled, please open the MP Navigator again and attempt to scan.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for detailed solution.

Followed your instructions.  At the end of installation indicated I could not get system to continue with wireless connection so switched connect via USB cable.  

After final installation system indicates it requires "Solution Menu EX".  What is best method to add that?

Hi RM1,

The Solutions Menu should not be required for scanner operation.  If you open MP Navigator and attempt to scan, are you able to acquire an image?

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

I have been out of the country so have not reponded.

The issue is not resolved.

When I try to scan via the MP Navigator it indicates that the scanner is not on (which it is) or the USB cable is not connected (which it is).

This is really getting frustrating.

Windows 10 USB drivers can sometimes conflict with Canon drivers, so let's try the installation one more time.

1. Disconnect the USB cable and restart the computer.
  2. Click HERE.
  3. Scroll down to "Drivers" next to "Recommended Downloads."
  4. Click “Select” next to "MG6200 series MP Driver."
  5.  Agree to the Terms of Service by clicking the checkbox.
  6. Press "Download."
  7. Open and run the file.
  8. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.

The installation program will prompt you when it is safe to reconnect the USB cable.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Thanks for continued help.

Same message indicating scanner is off or USB cable not connected.  Code 5,156,61

Robyn

Wirelessly.

Announcements