cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG 5720 Not Printing

mitica100
Apprentice

Hi all, first timer here,,,

I've had a Pixma MG 5720 for over 2 years and it does not print at all. It goes through the motions as it should but now there is only a blank sheet of paper coming out. Never had a problem until a few weeks ago. I don't print a lot and I replaced the cartridges regularly, when needed. Due to $$ reasons I chose to use off brand cartridges like EZink, but they worked well until about a couple of weeks ago. What could be the problem??

I did all the Management operations (cleaning, deep cleaning and such) but no results.

Help? 

4 REPLIES 4

BillS
Mentor

Hi mitica100,

Of course, I can't guarantee the performance of third-party inks, but let's start by performing a nozzle check.

If you try to print and the page is streaked, blank or colors are missing, try printing the Nozzle Check Pattern to confirm that the printer is operating correctly.

If the Nozzle Check Pattern prints correctly, try printing from a different application.

Click Here for instruction to perform the Nozzle Check.

If the Nozzle Check Pattern did not print correctly, confirm that there is not a paper jam and that all of the packing material has been removed from the the ink tanks and that they are installed correctly.

Click Here to check for packing material and paper jams.
Click Here to check the ink tank installation.

After you have confirmed that the ink tanks are installed correctly, print the Nozzle Check Pattern again. 

Click Here for instruction to perform the Nozzle Check.

If the Nozzle Check Pattern did not print correctly, the print head needs to be cleaned.

Click Here for instruction to clean the print head.

After cleaning the print head, print the nozzle test pattern again.
If the pattern is missing ink, deep print head cleaning will be required.

Click Here for instruction to deep clean the print head.

Print the nozzle test pattern again.

After deep print head cleaning has been completed:

If the pattern does not print correctly, the print head may need to be replaced.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same problem as mitica100. I've never had problems printing or copying until today after already printing and copying earlier this afternoon. Just like mitica100 the printer just started going through the motions (which means it's getting the instructions from the computer), but prints nothing. Now won't copy anything either. I've been through all items above. When I do the Nozzle Check, it prints just fine, and in black and white and color. ?

Hi moffitti,

Please compare the nozzle check that you printed with the example below.  Does your nozzle check look exactly like this example?

MG5720 Nozzle Check .jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

It probably would have, but when I fired up the printer this morning to reprint the nozzle check a job iapparently n the queue printed out just fine - no problem.  Go ifgure!

I did save a screen shot of what it should look like for future reference.

Thank you for responding!

Announcements