cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG 3620

Dotheblue5
Contributor

Hi guys.

I recently had a couple of papers jammed in my printer, and after I pulled them out, the printer didn't print clearly. It's been a little blurry since. Any tips on how I could solve this issue? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Dotheblue5.

We recommend using plain water, and lightly moistening the swab (you don't want it dripping too much water inside).  Detergent is generally only needed for the most difficult of stains, and the dried ink is itself water-soluble.  You may need to go over it with more than one moistened swab, with one or two dry swabs to clean up residual water.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Care needs to be taken when removing paper jams.  If you are seeting blurred text or graphics, try performing a print head alighment. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi! 

Yes, I did a print head alignment and nothing improved. Do you suggest I try another alignment?

Hi Dotheblue5,

Cleaning the encoder/timing strip can clear the blurry printing that you are experiencing:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART164472

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrick, 

Thank you for the tip! I will give this a try. I wanted to ask what kind of "neutral detergent" do you recommend?

Hi Dotheblue5.

We recommend using plain water, and lightly moistening the swab (you don't want it dripping too much water inside).  Detergent is generally only needed for the most difficult of stains, and the dried ink is itself water-soluble.  You may need to go over it with more than one moistened swab, with one or two dry swabs to clean up residual water.

Hi!

That is what I did, and I'm happy to say that it worked!

Thank you SO much for your assistance! 🙂

Announcements