cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG 3620 suddenly not printing text

Redhead
Apprentice

My MG 3620 is suddenly not printing text. I have done a cleaning, deep cleaning, replaced black ink cartridge (which was low), have done nozzle check (prints fine), turned printer off and back on, disconnect power and re-established, and checked all settings I could find to try to find an setting that said "print photos, but not text" or the like. 

If I send a Word file with text, photo and a shape, it will print the photo and shape, no text.

If i send an Excel file, it will print the grid, but not the text.

It will print a PDF file which includes text. 

Am I missing a setting somewhere? Any suggestions would be appreciated. This is driving me crazy.

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Redhead,

Please compare the nozzle check that you printed to the example below.

Does your nozzle check match the example provided?

MG3620 Nozzle Check.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The test pattern prints perfectly. As do any images (apart from everything being far too yellow, but that seems to be an idiosyncrasy of this printer).

Text is still missing from any file I attempt tl print however. I have tried removing formatting on word documents and tried to print pdfs instead. Still no text.

Hi LisaJArt,

Please follow these steps:

1.  On your computer, please press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

2.  In the Run window that appears, please type NOTEPAD and click OK.

3.  Type out a few words in Notepad.

4.  Click on File and then Print.

Do the words print on the page from Notepad?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the exact same problem. First the text got thin/invisible and smudgy, but the above test page came out perfect. Nowm there is NO TEXT AT ALL, and I tried the Notepad test.

My MG6350 can no longer print text, all tests by canon troubleshooting reports that "everything is OK", but it is not.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements