cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG 3520 Printer Buttons not responding

ArkTrav
Apprentice

I have an MG 3520 that not only is not responding to the computer over WiFi, but is unresponsive to all the instructions for restting it.

Not sure when this problem arose, but currently the only button that responds is the Off / On button, and that only works to turn on the printer after it's been unplugged.. The 4 x 6 photo paper light remains lit. No other buttons (WiFi, etc) are lit, nor does holding down the WiFi or Stop button accomplish anything.

I've re-installed drivers, but it seems the issue is with the printer.

Bill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

madisonaberer
Apprentice
For everyone who struggled with this as I did, this is what the Service Representative told me. First, make sure the printer is on, and open up the front. If the ink cartridge housing (gray) does not slide over to the right, your printer is broken and can't be fixed. This was the case with mine, as the housing remained on the left side. The representative had me unplug the printer, press the On button 10 times while unplugged, plug it back in, turn it back on, and try one more time to open up the front and see if the ink carriage slid to the right.

Best of luck to everyone dealing with this issue!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

chuck2
Apprentice
Were you able to resolve this? I have the exact same problem right now. Even tried to reset by holding the stop button but nothing works.

I am currently having this problem! And go figure -- the support team can only be reached on weekdays and today is Saturday.

Has anyone found a fix for this issue? Its very frustrating.

kpflefty
Apprentice
I have not found a fix yet. Most I can tell is that the OS is too advanced and the printer isn’t supported on the newer versions. I even plugged the printer into the computer and nothing works.

madisonaberer
Apprentice
Unfortunately having the same issue! I called Canon support as instructed, but trying to get help has been a nightmare. I called, progressed through the automated menu, was informed that I had to make an account online, I made an account online, verified, then it wouldn't let me log in when I tried to register my product, called the number back and connected to the operator, and now the phone line informed me that my wait time will be over an hour! LOL!

madisonaberer
Apprentice
For everyone who struggled with this as I did, this is what the Service Representative told me. First, make sure the printer is on, and open up the front. If the ink cartridge housing (gray) does not slide over to the right, your printer is broken and can't be fixed. This was the case with mine, as the housing remained on the left side. The representative had me unplug the printer, press the On button 10 times while unplugged, plug it back in, turn it back on, and try one more time to open up the front and see if the ink carriage slid to the right.

Best of luck to everyone dealing with this issue!
Announcements