cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG3022 Cannot Print on Photo Paper or Edge-to-Edge Photo

jfmcrazy
Apprentice

Everytime that I try to print a photograph and choose a photo paper I get this message:

CANON MG 3000 SERIES - USB001

SUPPORT CODE: 4102

THE MEDIA TYPE AND PAPER SIZE ARE NOT SET CORRECTLY

PRESS THE PRINTERS STOP BUTTON TO CANCEL PRINTING. CHANGE THE MEDIA TYPE OR PAPER SIZE SETTING, AND PRINT AGAIN.

REFER TO THE MANUAL FOR THE MEDIA TYPE AND PAPER SIZE SETTINGS.

I have windows 7. I am simply trying to print using printmaster 20. This printer has larger margin sizes as well then their previous printers. Please help!

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jfmcrazy,

In regards to the 4102 error that you are experiencing, please refer to the following link:

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ErrorCode/MG3000%20series/EN/ERR/4102.html

Please note, borderless (or edge to edge) printing is not supported with the PIXMA MG3022.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrick that link only re-iterates the problem.

The question : How to do borderless 8.5x11 printing. or how to print on glossy photo paper that is 8.5x11" remains unanswered.

Can you tell us which printers would accept different types and sizes of photo paper ? Or will Canon be implementing a fix or workaround for this? Because using the 'plain paper' setting on photo paper uses the wrong amount of ink and it turns out very blurry...

Hi JoeCool6969,

Borderless printing is not supported with the PIXMA MG3022.  There is no fix or workaround for this.

You can print on photo paper with the PIXMA MG3022.  The images printed will have a border.

You can use Easy-PhotoPrint EX to print images with your PIXMA MG3022.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Windows Start button in the lower left hand corner.

2.  Click on the Canon Utilities folder.

3.  Click on Easy-PhotoPrint EX to open that program.

4.  In the Main Menu, click on Photo Print.

5.  Next to #1, select Image, choose the folder that your images are located in.

6.  On the right side, click on a photo to print.  A number 1 should appear below the image.

7.  Click on the #2 button, select Paper, on the left hand side.  Choose your paper size and type.

8.  Click on the #3 button, Layout/Print, on the left hand side.  Choose your desired layout.

9.  Click the green Print button.

Your image will be printed.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have tried that and I still get the error message when printing with an 8.5 by 11... I am replying because you said this should work when it still does not work.

Announcements