cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF8360 CDN scanning results in a blank page

trillian
Apprentice

Hi all,

I got a second hand MF8360 CDN printer which provides always a blank page when I scan a document. During scanning the CIS moves behind the glass correctly and the lamp lights up normally. The devices does not indicate any error message on the screen during/after scanning. If I print a document from the PC, it works fine (both BW and color).

The service mode error log is empty. I already did RCON and factory reset and calibrated CCD white level according to the service manual. However after the factory reset the printer calibration fails when it scans the printed color test page (I guess it scans it as a blank page).

It is interesting that the installed CIS is FK3-1887 however according to the service manual it should be FM4-9076. Perhaps the FK3-1887 is a replacement for FM4-9076 (?).

What can be the reason of this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stephen

Welcome to The Canon Community, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market. The MF8380cdn is not a model sold or supported by our team here at Canon USA. 

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

Welcome to The Canon Community, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market. The MF8380cdn is not a model sold or supported by our team here at Canon USA. 

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the reply!
I contacted the Cannon service centre in the EU. According to them the only compatible CIS modul for my scanner is FM4-9076. I am going to replace the CIS to FM4-9076. Hopefully this will solve the issue.

Announcements