cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF4880dw scanner problem

jertruax
Apprentice

I have a MF4880dw connected wirelessly. I had no issues initially. Now if I attempt top scan a document to my computer the menu pops up with "connect computer". It is connected, it printsjust fine. I reinstalled the drivers and it did not help. Any help would be grestly appreciated. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hi jertruax!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thank you for your post! 

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

The computer is running Vista.

Sorry for the short reply, I was using my phone.

Update: I went downstairs to see if it would scan and it did not give me the "connect pc" message. It went through the scan cycle and then had an error. Back upstairs at the computer I had an error message and code 155,0,0.

I was checking out the scanners and cameras from the control panel and saw that it had two different scanners set as default. I deleted the other scanner and it appears to be working now.

I've only had the machine a month and It was working fine before a few days ago. I want both scanners available so I am going to try adding the other one and see what happens.

Announcements