Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

MF4570dw not connecting to computer -- wired or wireless

I returned from a few days away from home and my MF4570dw is refusing to be recognized by my laptop in any way.

I tried to add it as a wireless printer in the usual way, but it did not show up in the list. Then I plugged it into the USB port of the laptop and nothing happened. I turned the printer off and on, and I turned my modem off and on, and I tried plugging the network cable into a different modem port, and nothing happened. I reinstalled the driver and plugged it into my computer and nothing happened.

The wireless LAN status was initially "Disconnected" so I reset the printer (Menu-2-8-Menu-Printer-Clear-All) and now the wireless LAN status says "Inactive".

I'm using Windows 8.1 64 bit.

It was working fine before I left on Saturday so I don't know what has happened.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: MF4570dw not connecting to computer -- wired or wireless

Well I tried it again out of curiosity and it now seems to work fine. Unfortunately I can't tell you how I fixed it because I didn't really do anything. I just waited for a week.