cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF4150

Tande00
Apprentice

I'm being told after installing drivers that my USB must be a 3 instead of a 2.  Is there anyway around this?

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Tande00.

The printer should work on the USB 3.0 port, as USB 3.0 is backwards compatible with USB 2.0.  A few things to check are:

1.  Are you using a USB 2.0 cable?

2.  Are you installing the drivers from the User Software disk that came with the machine?

3.  Were the drivers installed while the printer was connected to the computer?

If the drivers were installed from the disk, please click the link below to download and install the drivers from the Canon USA website:

imageCLASS MF4150 - Drivers & Software

Save the file [Windows 32bit & 64bit] Tool Box Ver.4.9.1.1.mf16 to your computer.  Please note that downloaded files are saved in the specified folder (usually "Downloads) in a self-extracting format (.exe format).  Double-click the files to decompress them.  A new folder will be created in the same area.  The new folder will have the same name as the compressed file.  Double-click the decompressed Setup folder and you will see two options for 'Setup'.  Double-click on the 'Setup' with the type 'Application'.  The "MF Drivers Setup Wizard" will open. 

After installing the drivers, and restarting the computer, please reconnect the printer to the computer and allow the installation to complete.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should you need further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements