cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF toolbox - Not finding supported Scanner - Can not uninstall now

MarkinIt
Apprentice

I have an imageClass MF6590 which I have been using perfectly as a networked printer and previosly as a scanner as well.  I recently did a clean install on my Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate device  and have been printing fine using it as a network printer.

PROBLEM:

I need to use the scanning capabilities now so I tried getting it setup to use as a scanner as well on this recently clean installed computer.  I can NOT get it to work.  I installed the most recent MF toolbox software from Canon and I continually get the following message: " A supported scanner is not installed."

Also, when I plug in the USB cord, it searches windows for the drivers and one of the drivers it looks for it can not find.  Finally, I have tried to uninstall MF toolbox and it stops responding EVERY time and thus i can not uninstall it.

PLEASE HELP!  As noted, the scanning features have worked before on a Windows 7 64-bit device but not now.  

Thanks,

Mark

4 REPLIES 4

Shanna
Enthusiast

Hello MarkinIt!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your inquiry!

The Forums aren't meant for immediate assistance, but are designed to allow the community to help each other with issues encountered or tips they'd like to share along the way.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is a much more efficient way to get help! They're ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

We hope this helps!

Patrice
Whiz

Hi MarkinIt.

I will be glad to assist you.

So that I can better assist you, I would like to ask a few questions.

1.  When you connect the USB cable, which driver is not found?

2.  Are you allowing the Windows 7 operating system to install the drivers or were you able to install the drivers using the downloaded driver file from the Canon USA website?

3.  May I have you turn off the computer and the printer, and then restart the computer.  After the computer has booted, please disconnect the MF Toolbox software.  Do you receive the same error?

I look forward to your reply.  Should you need immediate assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jimpr65
Apprentice

I also had this problem when I upgraded to Windows 8. Try running the mf toolbox as an administrator. It it works like that, it is a security issue and you can change the default way to run it so it works.

Good luck.

Nothing works... 

Tried Pier's suggestion too and tried installing / re-installing multiple times.

Says "MF Toolbox that is supported by the scanner you are using may not be installed on your computer.  

Install the appropriate MF Toolbox, and then perform the operation again." 

What do I do? 

This is when I try and scan from the scanner --> Computer...

Computer---scanner works (when in remote mode) but it's really inconvenient.

Announcements