cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF Toolbox setup program freezes and does not complete

zonqueur
Apprentice

Hello

I'm trying to re-install the MF Toolbox on my computer after a (painful) uninstall and no matter what I try, the setup program just freezes at the beginning.

I'm running Windows 8.1 64 bit

MF4770n Multi-function

I am an adminstrator on my PC.

I tried running the program setup.exe in administrator mode. No success

I tried running the program in "selective startup" as per other posts. No success

The drivers install without problems.

All I get is this screen:

mft.png

I need my scanner. I'm out of resources...

Help please.

10 REPLIES 10

zonqueur
Apprentice

So, it's been 2 weeks and no one has replied.

If the Canon staff doesn't know how to fix my problem, can you at least tell me you don't know, so I can stop waiting for help?

Same problem here!

Hi zonqueur!

We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please visit http://www.canon.com and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

And it took six months to get a completely useless answer!!! Thanks a lot.

Hi alobartn,

To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we will need to know the printer model you are using, as well as the version of Windows or Mac in use.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Sure. It's an image class mf229dw.

I just spent an hour with Canon tech support and he couldn't fix it either. 

alobartn: I can't remember what I ended up doing exactly, but for me, I'm still using it through wi-fi to print, but when I need to scan, I simply connect a long usb cord and interface with USB instead of wi-fi. The scanning works fine now with this workaround

@alobartn wrote:

I just spent an hour with Canon tech support and he couldn't fix it either. 

Furtunately I was able to do a system restore and now it works. Go figure!

Announcements