cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF 8230 Cn won't print but scans

Azac3
Apprentice

I recently purchased the Canon i-sensys multifunction printer. From the start I have had issues with the software, having to reinstall atleast 4 times due to the machine not detecting prints or scans etc. It was working after the last reinstallation which was a few weeks ago. But today it has decided not to work. I can scan documents but I can't print. It keeps giving me error messages. I have troubleshooted the device, but there seems to be no problems. The device manager shows that the printer works fine. I restarted both the computer and the machine and even pulled out the usb cabel to check. Nothing seems to fix this problem. 

I have never been more frustrated with canon. We have another older canon printer in the office which has also decided to cause problems. I will write that in a separate post under a different heading. I hope someone from the Canon team can help or I wasted alot of money for a useless machine. 

FYI - My operating system is Windows 8. I connect the printer through the usb cable port. 

4 REPLIES 4

Azac3
Apprentice

Printer Troubleshoot.png

Someone please help! I re-installed this software. It printed out a few pages and now its gone back to its error state! What do I do about it?

rhof
Apprentice
Did you meanwhile get a helpful answer? I have the same problem untder Windows 8.1. and wasted lot of time on this issue - I m realy fed up!
Thanks and no more expensive and time consuming Canon experiments.
R. Hofmann

I did'nt get a helpful answer. Canon never bothered to reply. Also windows 8.1 and the canon multi function toolbar are not compatible. Cannot scan or print anymore. I checked for a solution online and turns out there isn't one. The Canon forums basically ask you to do a bunch of things which only solve the problem temporarily. 

Announcements