cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF 4890 keeps going offline

Gaylebrez
Apprentice
My MF 4890 keeps going "offline" when not used for a couple of days. The only way to fix it is to uninstall and reinstall the software on my computer. I'm using a laptop PC with Windows 7 and have the printer connected via wireless LAN.
1 REPLY 1

Deborah
Enthusiast

Hi Gaylebrez,

I'm sorry to hear about the effort you've had to put into re-establishing a WiFi connection with your laser printer.  Some common causes of dropped WiFi communication are due to the location sites of your laser printer and the access point (Wireless LAN router), or interference caused by other frequencies or obstacles.

Try taking a closer look at your setup and consider the following:

1.  Is the distance between the machine and the wireless LAN router (access point) within 164' (50 m) (may vary on the communication speed or environmental condition)?

2.  Is there any obstacle, such as a wall, between the machine and the wireless LAN router (access point)?

3.  Are electronics, such as a microwave oven or refrigerator, near the machine?

If you should be in an environment where there are multiple networks being used:

1.  Check whether each communication channel of the wireless LAN router or access point is spaced five or more channels apart.  Not setting the channels far enough away from one another may cause interference.

2.  Set the channel as far apart from other network channels as possible such as - Ch.1, Ch.6, and Ch.11.

If this does not resolve the issue, please feel free to Contact Us and we'll be glad to help you further!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements