cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF 4150 Scanner Problem

T34
Apprentice

I have  a MF 4150 and trying to get it working with new PC running Win 8.1.  I have installed updated Win  8/8.1 drivers and toolbox as shown in another post on the forum. All functions will work but when I tiurn off the MFP and turn it back on the scan function will not work. I have contacted Canon support 3 times with no luck. First time we worked through setup and checked 3 services to confirm they were they were running in auto.These were WIA, RPC Locator and Shell Hardware Detection. Canon support said they do not know why there is a problem and he would need some time to research this. I called back 1 wk later when he did not reply to me and no progress and he hinted that there were also issues with new products running Win 8.1. They need more time and believe it may be Microsoft issue which needs to be fixed. Again he will contact me. I have uninstalled and reinstalled software, changed USB cable twice and still same issue.  After a few days of not using scan function I tried scanning and it worked but when I turn MFP off and then on the toolbox hangs when trying to scan. The printer has always worked throuhout this. I even went back to old PCs running XP and one running Vista and all function work.  I have searched this forum and find some other similar issues but the install gets more complicated and I am concerned with what was done to make it possibly work correctly ? It was used on some different products and wonder if it will  work with this one . Any help would be appreciated if others we able to overcome this problem.

14 REPLIES 14

Dear Captret

I got the Same scanner problem and did the below process. Scanner working problme solved. But printer is not working.

Any advise to solve this. Thanks in advance.

It worked for me on MF4150 and W8.1. Thank´s a lot 🙂

Hi Patrice - This worked great for me.  I just loaded Win 10 (free Home) and it worked like a charm. I had tried all the uninstalling and reinstalling, new download from Cannon, but was the same files as I had already for Win 7, but Toolbox may be a bit different and updated.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, this is an easy, quick fix for the Wih 10 will print but won't scan problem and thank you loads for your info.  Let people know this works on Win 10 too. 

I would venture to guess this would be all that needs doing without downloading any new Canon files from the Win 7 version, but if they want a newer Toolbox interface, that would need to be downloaded.    - Cheri -

My last post should have been to Captret, sorry Patrice.         -  Cheri  -

I tried this on Windows 10 with both my isensys mf4150 and mf4350d and it worked on both! Thank you very much. MF Toolbox v18 was used on both machines.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements