cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC OS 10.15 Catalina Compatibility with MG8120

miroho
Apprentice

Can someone confirm the MG8120 printer is not compatible with Catalina?  And if that is true when will it be? 

I can download the user manual, but my MACBook Pro does not recoginze the developer so I cannot open the file.  What is the solution for this? 

Regards,

Miroho

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Go to the Canon support site for your printer and select the operating system version. You will either see a driver or a notation that the device isn't supported.

Looks like there is no Canon driver for your printer after macOS Sierra.

I have no personal experience with this, but it has been posted that Apple has built-in drivers that provide some support for devices. May not access all the features of your device..

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi miroho,

The PIXMA MG8120 is not supported with macOS v10.15. You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program.  This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system.  This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET).  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

NHi Patrick, I'm really not in a financial position to purchase another printer. Additionally, my printing is infrequent and much of what I do is scanning. BTW, this is the second time I have had a Canon printer become obsolete b/c there isn't MAC OS driver available.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Hi miroho.

Actually, isn’t it the second time you updated your operating system without checking compatibility with your hardware?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi John, No, that is not the case.  I needed to upgrade for other reasons.  I never expected the printer driver to be an permanent issue.  I have an old Epson that has never had this problem.  

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
You can get older versions of macOS and install on your new computer.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements